I want a website that can host multiple clients, all of whom are writing one or more large documents.
A typical use would be an Initiative by a company to write a manual, which may be 300 pages of text, including operating checklists that need to be followed. The department head will want to see that the checklists are followed. This manual would only be viewable by company employees.
Other departments within the company may also write their own manual, or other documentation. Some things can be shared, like the organizational chart for the company, the company logo, and company ethics code, etc.
A Human Resources manager may write the company’s employee handbook. When the manager changes part of the handbook by adding, say, a new policy about sexual harassment, the manager will need to know that every single employee has read the new policy. So, the manager will specify that every user must read this document. At the end of a week, the manager can see who has, and who has not read the document.
A second Initiative might be a consortium of companies may wish to write a manifesto for their industry and make if readable by any web surfer.
A third Initiative may be a lone author that simply wants to write a romance novel. This long author has absolutely nothing to do with the first company or consortium and can not view their material & vise-versa.
1. Build a PHP website for non-techies to write books in their browser.
2. Total Budget is $15,000.
3. Total Hours Promised = The number of man-hours you will work on this project between start date and Final Delivery Date
4. Final Delivery Date = 23 January, 2005
5. Follow-On Work may be available.
6. Success Bonus = Additional $1,000 cash bonus after Final Delivery if EVERY use-case is met and web site is successfully installed and running. If you finish before you’ve expended all Total Hours Promised, then you’ll immediately get the Success Bonus, but you still have to expend the unused hours on refinements.
7. I will pay you weekly for hours worked, regardless of whether you finish, or not, but I will stop work if you are not making rapid progress – see terms below. I know this is a tough project, so I want to reward hard work, but I don’t want to throw away money on a lost cause, either. J I’m trying to make this as fair as possible.
See full spec bellow in attached documents
This is a tough project
This is a large project so you must show proof of having a large team that can work on this. You should expect periodic feed-back and interaction from me. You must be ready to start the first week.
*** You bid must specifically address the issues in the spec and tell me why I should think you can do this.
*** I will interview every serious bidder.
You can contact me via:
phone = +[url removed, login to view]