To bid on a project, make sure that you do the following first:
Update your skills - You will only be able to bid on a project if you have at least one of the skills required on the project. If you do not have any of the required skills on your profile, you will be asked to add at least one while on the project's bidding page. Click here to learn how to add skills.
Verify your email - The email address linked to your Freelancer.com account should be verified before you can bid. Check your registered email address for the verification email and follow the instructions provided.
Update your profile - Upload a professional profile picture on your profile page and complete the required profile details (Display Name, Brief Introduction, and Summary). You also need to update your Language Settings and Location by going to your Settings page.
Once the bidding requirements are completed, you can now bid by doing the following:
2. On the results page, you can filter your search by specifying which projects or contests you wish to see. The more filters you change, the more specific the list of projects will be and the easier it will be for you to choose.
The results page will show the Search, Skills, and Job Types filters by deault. If you wish to choose the Duration, Listing types, Languages, and Location filters as well, click on More Options.
3. Select your preferred project from the project list by hovering your mouse over it and clicking Bid Now.
4. Read the project description thoroughly. When you are certain that you can do the work and the project is for you, click Bid on This Project.
5. Fill out the required fields – the bid amount and delivery time. You can choose to upgrade your bid by sponsoring or highlighting it. Once you are done, click Place Bid.
The number of your available bids is shown on the bidding page. If you're running out of bids, you might want to consider upgrading to any of our membership plans here to get more bids.
6. Compose a detailed proposal. Feel free to indicate your experience, credentials, portfolio. etc. Make an impression on the employer by providing a proposal that shows the quality of your work and your suitability for the job.
On the Proposed Milestones section, you can specify the list of tasks you will accomplish to complete the project and their corresponding Milestone Payments. To know more about Proposed Milestones, please read this article.
7. Once done, click Submit Proposal.
To check on the project you bid on, just go to the My Projects page and select Active Bids. The project will be listed there if it has not yet been awarded, cancelled, or deleted.
Here are some helpful tips on bidding that you can use. Happy bidding!
Before you bid on every project that interests you, here are five things you should check out first. Read more.