Who I am
I'm a direct marketing consultant based in Canada. I target specific types of B2B industries where a tiny fraction of the extra income generated from the marketing campaigns would easily pay for myself (and potentially yourself after the duration of the internship). Examples include managed IT services, sign companies, industrial supply ecommerce stores, etc.
Benefits of working with me
- Learn how to start your own business
- Meet a lot of people to grow your network for jobs and connections after you graduate or figure out what you want to do (and how to accomplish this)
- Get new skills like project coordination, direct response marketing strategy (the style deployed by infomercials), market research, copywriting, sales pipeline, psychology, market segmentation, direct mail, and pay-per-click platforms (e.g. Google Adwords, Facebook, Twitter, sponsored adevertising within emails, etc.)
- No commute is required
- Flexible hours: other than being able to talk to me on Skype, you can work on your own hours, provided that you can respond to emails (potential clients, promotional partner, or data entry contractors)
Whats a day in the life is like
- Copying data from numerous websites for high level research
- Recording data from one website to another
- Planning and exceuting promotional outreach of blog articles, ebooks, audio recordings, webinars, etc.
- Providing input on day-to-day operations of a business from a high level, for the purpose of creating process (i.e. turning this business closer to a MacDonalds for consulting)
- Tracking sales and delivery cost performances
- Tracking customer service performances
- Writing persuasion text by following a checklist, filling in the blanks, or adapting into your own templates
- Providing input on promotional ideas
- Setting up interviews with customers
Duration: 3 months probation, with a raise after the period if you pass the probational period, and the opportunity to further increase the hours to full-time or near full-time in the future if desired.
Before applying, make sure you have these qualifications:
1. You are fluent in English. In other words, you can communicate in verbal or written English (ideally like a 5th grader). If you aren't comfortable with this, please don't waste your time applying.
2. You have your own computer with reliable access to High Speed Internet.
3. If you are familiar with sales and marketing already, that's a bonus. This is not absolutely necessary, as you will be trained as long as you have 1 and 2 met. You won't be asked to do any cold-calling.
4. No restriction of whether you're a high school student, college student, recent college/high school graduate with no promising prospects, recent career changers who have limited options for good jobs, etc.
5. Individuals only. If you're an agency applicant, I will automatically delete your application.
Interested? -- Here's the Next Step
To apply for this position, please start your application with the words "Entire description read", and provide a description of my requirements in your own words. Please also include a recording of yourself speaking in English of 30 second length or longer (this can be you talking about yourself or something you are interested in, it doesn't really matter - I just want to hear your level of spoken English). You can very easily (and for free) record a short clip of yourself speaking at [url removed, login to view] (100% free, no setup or sign up required), and send me the mp3 in your application. Or you could also use a phone call you've completed for another client.