I need a translation from a Dutch document into French. The document is +/- 8.000 words, 1.180 lines of text, 215 paragraphs. The text treats a technical subject, i.e. the restoration of cast iron and wrought iron, in the form of answers to 10 frequently asked questions.
You do not have to start from scratch.
How so ? The text that needs to be translated is the second (enhanced) version of a text that has a first version as well. The first text has been translated into French already, and needs only minor corrections and the finishing touch from the native speaker. The text in the second version is less than 50% different from the first version of text that has been translated into French already.
You therefore have 2 choices :
- you compare the second Dutch version with the first version in Dutch, and start adapting the French translation of the first version so to get the French translation of the second version
- some prefer to start from zero
In any case, you can use the translated version for the technical jargon.
The first document was translated into French by me: it is not a perfect translation, but OK and you can use it for sure to make the translation of the second version of the document. Moreover, the French translation gives you the necessary technical jargon to make a perfect translation of the second version of the text.
To what extent the second version is different from the first (already translated) :
- Question 1 : text almost identical, few more pictures and some different comments with pictures
- Question 2 : modified almost completely in version 2 of the text
- Question 3 : 50% new text, a new picture and comments
- Question 4 : 50% new text
- Question 5 : text and pictures almost identical
- Question 6 : almost identical
- Question 7 : almost identical
- Question 8 / 9 / 10: almost identical
In attachment please find the following documents (in PDF, in pm I can send you Word documents with Wetransfer - Word documents are over 21 MB)
- first version of the Dutch text (for your information only) = "1ste versie NL 10 vragen over restauratie van metaalwerken [login to view URL]"
- translation into French from first version of text (so that you can use this to start making your translation, and consult this translation for technical jargon) = "1ste versie document vertaling [login to view URL]"
- second and definite version of the text in Dutch - it is this text that needs to be translated into French. This text is divided into 2 parts :
* binnenwerk = text within the booklet = "2de versie NL definitief 10 vragen binnen [login to view URL]" (from 21-40, from 41-60 and from 61 to 68 i.e. in 4 parts because otherwise more than 21 MB)
* cover = the cover of the booklet
you can always have a look at our website [login to view URL] to get a better feeling of what is written about in the booklet
Mention "native" in the subject of your answer.