Mobile engineer. ReactNative or iOS or Android (ideally with some basic API / data integration experience) You will be working with Hybrid Capital, an early stage innovation investment firm that launches and tests new product ideas in the marketplace. The projects you will be working on will vary from applications rating entertainment and accommodation experiences to social streaming and digital health. Additional summary details for the types of projects are listed below in the “Phase 2” section.
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Solid experience using react native to build iOS / Android applications.
2. Solid experience building ios or android applications
3. Solid experience building applications that provide the right architecture for well performing experiences
regardless of connectivity strength (IE, device side, server side, download schedules, etc)
4. Experience with the key features and functions of the applications we are building. This helps with
speed and quality.
5. Experience working with and integrating with the social platforms for connecting accounts and utilizing
special graph / user permissions (specifically with Facebook)
Nice to haves
1. Additional back end skills a plus, but not necessary
2. Ideally with enough experience to handle some basic API integrations
3. Some of the APIs / Plugins we will be using across projects. FourSquare, Yelp, Google Location, Apple,
Facebook Connect, Linkedin Connect, Twitter Connect
1. Great at communication and never afraid to say I don’t know or I need help
2. Ready to tackle any challenge, someone that likes big challenges and isn’t intimidated by them
1. Market comparable compensation +
2. Equity and profit sharing. You will receive shares in each project you work on that come along with
profit sharing, IE if you have shares equal to 1% of a project and profit sharing begins you receive 1% of the distributed profits. If the company is purchased you will receive a bonus in the amount of 1%.
Selection process Phase 1
1. Provide links to at least 2 projects you worked on related to the job description above
2. Describe your specific role in those projects from start to finish.
3. How long did each project take from start to finish?
4. Provide at least one reference (team member or client) for each project, who you worked for. This
refernece will be checked.
5. Briefly describe your desired role, such as team lead managing a team of engineers and designers or, I
just want to code. What do you want to do on a day to day basis and what do you dislike doing? Be
honest, there’s no wrong answer. This helps understand how to make you successful and happy.
6. Give a quick weight for each of the skills in “Roles & Responsibilities” and “Nice to have” above from 1
to 10 with 10 being the strongest
In phase 2 you will be asked to choose any 2 of our projects. Each project will include a summary of the project goals all necessary documents including functional specifications or design including the deliverable for this
test. You can choose any of the projects you’d like with a minimum of 2. You will be compensated fair market value for this phase.
Here is a short list of the projects, by name only. Explanations are not included yet as the details of each project include proprietary information and will only be provided to those that are asked to participate in this phase. The deliverables will range, mostly focused on providing a summary plan of action and time estimate for completion of the presented plan. Again, you can choose any two of the projects provided and you will be compensated for both.
1. 1st Degree. A subscription service for consumers that includes a responsive web application and automated email alerts as new content is discovered. 1st Degree uses developer kits for Facebook and LinkedIn to acquire the necessary data as well as a scraping technology for additional data updates.
2. The Baseline. A direct to consumer digital health platform that provides individualized recommendations and health trending based upon user inputs, connected devices and diagnostics captured via 3rd party relationsips.
3. The Informed. A subscription media application providing mini podcast style articles for deep insights into business and political topics
4. The Blindside. A subscription based intelligence tool (native application) that provides regular updates on all of the information needed to monitor and industry.
5. Mislead. A free to use native application for rating and reviewing locations.
6. The Menu. A free to use native application for rating and reviewing consumable items.
7. Health Chat. A direct to consumer chat based health messaging platform.
8. ShopnChat. A social shopping platform with live streaming and photo sharing.
9. Next Steps. A subscription based productivity application organizing work tasts and calendars.
During phase 3 you will be asked to complete a small piece for one of the projects that you selected above. You will also be compensated for this phase.