We require the development for a phase 1 of an employee management system.
Technology preference is Ruby on Rails OR PHP, with a relational database back end (mysql, etc).
6 'modules' are required:
1) Dashboard - number of employees, number of 'bookings' or projects that they are assigned to, other summary information like "top 5 'todo' list", etc
2) Sceen to update employees details - name, DoB, phone number, salary, bank account details
3) Project booking screen - allow us to 'book' a employee against a project, with several task level items such as travel, contracting, visa booking / arrangement, project itself, accomodation and other particular fields. Ideal, but not mandatory, is to have the client's details (Client name) extracted from a Salesforce system we already use, and ability to publish back to salesforce an update that new booking as been made.
4) Project dashboard - summary view for all projects for all employees for (3). Ideally this uses a calendar view that looks like Google calendar, or even interfaces with a google calendar so that we can view calendar outside of the app also
5) Task management - screen to assign tasks to individual employees and admins. eg: Prepare contract for employee project 'abc' or invoice client 'xyz'
6) Admin editing screen to edit the details for users and user particulars, items from (5), and other reference data items.
Interface should be simply, intuitive and have sale look and feel as other quality online web based apps. Successful developer will research and propose three styles.