design and implement a database of the students for the Maths and Computer Science Department. The information about the students in the department will be managed via the departmental office using the information accessed from the database. The database will also have the ability to perform other functions that the department requires such as: add, remove and amend student records.
In addition to student records the departmental office will also hold details on members of staff and the different modules presented by the department.
* Reports will be set up printing out the names of students on a particular module.
* Reports could list the student names along with their coursework; attendance percentage and exam mark for a particular module.
* The new system will also have a multi-user structure, so that many departmental staff can access it simultaneously. This will increase productivity and efficiency.
The database system will provide two secure and distinct levels of service to its users. One type of user will be the member of departmental staff; secretaries and lecturers, and the other will consist of students. The system will provide a service to the module lecturer whom will be able to see and enter or update all vital marks of their modules. The department’s secretary will enter these results. It will also provide a secure service for the student who will be able check their own marks but not marks of other students.
The user interface forms a significant division of implementing the system. This will enable the end product to be viewed by the user once the system is completed and running successfully. Therefore the end product will be an applet running from an Internet browser. This applet will have a balance between its capabilities and its ease of use that is very ‘point and click’ orientated via Java. An application, which has excessive functions, may cause confusion for the user. The aim is also to make the system, friendly and simple to use.
TO BE PROGRAMMED IN JAVA AND MySQL AND JDBC SERVER CONNECTION
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
4)All code must be commented with detail
5)Testing document for the system must be supplied
run on winxp and win2000 in all versions of internet explorer