Here is a detail of what needs to be done, including skills required to complete the project.
The person will be working on a functional App developed to work with a device over the NFC interface (BLE interface to be added). It will read and write data from the device based on specific conditions and then store the data locally on a MySQL database on the phone. On command the database information will be uploaded to our webserver. The App communicates with the web-server as the master database to collect configuration and settings information. It is also intelligent enough to work offline when there is no connectivity.
The current project involves enhancing the existing code to make it faster, more robust and introduces better formatting of data presented on the mobile. Existing reporting will need to be enhanced to present the report in a more user-friendly manner. Analytics will need to be introduced on the handset.
1. Expert at Android programming
2. Expert at handling NFC interface
3. Intermediate level proficiency in handling BLE interface
4. Intermediate level proficiency of managing SQL/MySQL databases
5. http communication with web-server – master level proficiency
6. Intermediate level expertise in handling encryption/decryption
7. Ability to work with CVS systems
1. Ability to work independently
2. Demonstrated capability of habitually documenting code snippets with detailed commentary
3. Moderate expertise in writing test plans for code testing
4. Coordinate remotely, if required, for testing
5. Good communication skills
6. Regular verbal sync-up and weekly reporting on email is mandatory
Current work requires about two (2) months of effort (including the time to understand the existing code)
Once this part is over, we may want to engage the same person for working on Rev 2.0 of the App and also for maintenance of the Rev 1.0.