I have 3 websites that need some revamping. The sites are:
- [login to view URL]
- [login to view URL] and
- [login to view URL]
• Revamp our 3 sites in a way that we can easily make edits ourselves (state what software program license would have to be purchased to use for edits)
• Propose improvements to all of our three sites. A portfolio of industry-specific websites can be found on [login to view URL]
• Once you’re in the final round, we’ll ask you to provide a draft for a structure/outline of how you’d revamp our three sites.
• Our 3 sites are currently hosted by two different providers. We need assistance with determining the best service and plans (reliability, pricing, security, etc.) for our needs as this would be the time to either move all 3 sites to one service provider or consider a new provide altogether. Hence, it would be helpful if you have experience with evaluating providers as well.
• You have experience with SQL Server (2005) – The job opening pages and registration links on our three sites are linked to the same SQL Server database.
• In this process, we’re also open to new logos for it-nationwide and construction-worldwide (but not for a.e.s.).
• We also have a video on website (which simply needs to be linked to the video-file). There’s also a tracking device of who watched the video which would have to be re-implemented.
• We need links to our LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter pages (only available for a.e.s., not for IT and Construction).
Your website knowledge includes:
• SEO (title tag, meta description, google preview, headings, keywords cloud, keyword consistency, alt attribute, text/HTML ratio, indexed pages, broken links, www resolve, IP canonicalization, [login to view URL], SML sitemap, URL rewrite, etc.)
• Mobile (mobile friendliness, mobile rendering, touchscreen readiness, mobile compatibility, font size legibility, mobile viewport, mobile speed, mobile frameworks, etc.)
• Usability (URL, Favicon, Custom 404 page, conversion forms, above the fold content, load time, printability, structured data markup/rich snippets, email privacy, safe browsing, etc.)
• Technologies (speed, analytics, W3C validity, doctype, encoding, directory browsing, server signature, SSL Secure, etc.)
• Social (social shareability, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) (we have a Facebook and Twitter site, so just a link is needed)
• Local Directories
Describe your workflow when you create a web page. State your experience in implementing mobile specific layouts as well as challenges you experienced. Let us know about anything else we should know about your ability and experience.
I look forward to hearing from you!
While listed under ‘knowledge’, I failed to state that the sites have to be in RWD (Responsive Web Design) which is the main reason we’re looking into re-doing our websites. Hence, solid knowledge of RWD is necessary.