We'd like a simple voice recording software that does the following:
1) Records the user's voice message and stores it as a wav / mp3 file (sound should be reasonably clear quality with file size of <900KB for a 5 min recording)
2) Allows the user to name the wav / mp3 file
3) Automatically opens the default email software (Eudora, Outlook Express etc), creates a new email and attaches the voice message to it
4) Includes a short, pre-written message in the email body
Also, if possible, allows for previous voice recordings to be opened and extra "recording" time added at the end of the file and then the user may
continue from step 2 (as above). Ideally, the application should allow the adjustment for the volume of the mic / speakers.
We believe that, for the system to automatically open the email client and attach the recording, it would be through MAPI. But this is only a thought..we do not *require* that MAPI is used.. anything that can accomplish the goal is fine.
That's basically all that the actual software will do. I don't believe that a database will be required for it but if it does, MySQL would be the choice.
We'll also like to include a simple "unlock" system when the software is installed on the computer. A brief run-through:
1) When installation is initiated, user is asked for his email address & registration code
2) We'll have a remote MySQL database in a server with some fields in the table.. the important ones would be: email, reg code & status
3) User enters his info & reg code (as provided by us)
4) The software connects to the remote MySQL database and checks to see if reg code listed in the database and if "status" is "VALID"
5) If valid, update the record to "USED" and allow the installation of the software to proceed (we have a web developer here so, if you need help on this, we can work the updation system out)
6) If the reg code has already been used, do not allow installation and show a message instructing the user to contact the company with his full details (we'll provide the exact message).
We'll provide a sample "story board" of how the software should look and flow + the graphics & color scheme.
The main operating system for the software to run on would be MS Windows 98/2000/XP however, we would like to make it able to run on Linux (either now or in the near future) so a portable language like C/C++/Java would be ideal.
The software is required in the shortest time possible. We'd prefer experienced developers who have worked on voice/audio applications before but are open to those who know they can do this.
We'll need the copyright & code released to us.