Containers with light on when selected:
What we are doing now:
1. 200 plastic containers (2x4x4 inches).
2. Can add or delete containers at any time.
3. All these containers are sitting on shelves.
4. Staff will remove one container from the shelve. Take out the content inside the container. Work on it. When finish, staff returns the container to the original location on the shelve. Then continue to work on a different container.
5. All this containers and the staff are within 3 meters.
6. Each container will assign an id#.
Objective of this project:
1. To eliminate the error that the staff may pick up a wrong container
2. To speed up the time that the staff look for the correct container.
What we try to do:
1. When the staff enters the container id# on the computer, a Led will be on. This Led can be attached to the container or on the shelve where the container is located.
2. The staff pick up that container. The led still on.
3. The staff works on the content of the container. When finish, the staff return the container to the original location. Then the led will be off.
4. The staff can only remove 1 container and that 1 led on at a time. It cannot has 2 containers or 2 led on at the same time.
Your design consideration:
[login to view URL] may use the simplest way to achieve the above objective.
[login to view URL] in mind if any component has problem, it shall not affect the operation of the whole system. Any part that has problem can easily replace and can be handled by non-technical staff within 30 minutes maximum.
3. Since there are over 200 containers, the cost of electronic components shall be low.
4. Please provide the quote for your service and to total cost of electronic parts based on 200 containers.