Typing Speed Test Specs – How many words can you type in one minute?
** Write one app for android
** Write one app for apple
Both apps will include ALL of the following:
* have 5000 phrases in database
** words are 5 characters long when counting for WPM- For the purpose of typing measurement a word is standardized to five characters or keystrokes, including spaces and punctuation. For example, "I run" counts as one word, and "rhinoceros" and "let's talk" both count as two.
** WPM (words per minute) results for each test
** average the WPM for final score
** 1 minute time limit
** funny insults (Yo, my gramma types faster than you!) will be displayed based on your final WPM score. Insults MUST be politically correct. You create the insults.
** ability to compare your final WPM score to others who have used this app
* Buttons should be provided for user to post their results on:
** facebook, also providing a link to the applications results page on our website
** twitter, also providing a link to the applications results page on our website
** Google+ , also providing a link to the applications results page on our website
* When the typing test is played - we need to capture the specific device that was used (for example:apple iphone 4s or google nexus 4)
* Save user's name, score, date, time, device and display this info to the results page
* get the app posted on the google play store / apple appstore
* create the page and database we'll use to show the results on our website
** should post to a page on our website
*** name, WPM score, date, time, device
*** make it show daily top, weekly top, monthly top and all time top scores
*** provide links to download the app from that page