The main goal behind this project is to develop the embedded software and GUI for a Bluetooth Low Energy Foot Pedal. The GUI when executed needs to pair with the Foot Pedal. The GUI is used to capture Keyboard “keystrokes” and Keyboard “macros” then translate them into proprietary protocol format and write them to the Foot Pedal. During normal operation the Foot Pedal is paired with a PC/Tablet/Phone and will send the programmed Keyboard “keystrokes”, Keyboard “macros” or Mouse functions when the pedal is pressed and released.
The embedded software for a “keyboard reference design” will be provided. (see link below) This embedded software needs to be modified for a programmed foot switch closure instead of a keyboard. It is intended to be a good template and demonstrates the structure of the code including low power modes of operation.
[url removed, login to view]
The Bluetooth Low Energy Foot Pedal is designed with a NXP LPC11E14FHN33/401 MCU connected to a Nordic Semiconductor nRF8001. The pedal is connected to PC/Tablet/Phone using Bluetooth Low Energy pairing and enumerates as a composite HID device (Keyboard / Mouse or both).
1) Firmware development using the NXP LPC11E14FHN33/401 MCU and Keil uVision MDK-ARM development software.
2) GUI Development for operation on Windows, Apple and Linux OS.
3) Integration and testing of final product.
1) Source code and executable of the NXP LPC11E14FHN33/401 Firmware.
2) Source code and executables of the GUI software.
3) All Source code and functions will need to be heavily commented and well-structured so it's easy to maintain.
4) Any other related formulas, explanations or descriptions used during development.
1) Applicant should have prior experience in embedded software development and Wireless BLE.
2) Additional documents for flow-chart and protocol will be provided to selected applicant.
3) Project delivery time should be within reasonable limits.